Decisioning Solutions Inc. is a software solutions provider with a head office in downtown Toronto (Yonge and Bloor). We specialize in providing configurable and flexible solutions for assisting in all aspects of customer value management to customers in various industries – especially consumer and commercial lending and telecommunications. We are a fast-growing and dynamic team looking for individuals who seek opportunity and involvement in building stellar services and a wonderful working environment.
As a key member of the Software Development Department, a Team Lead is responsible for fostering team work, coordination, and efficiency amongst Developers as well as ensuring the ongoing improvement and adherence to internal standards and procedures.
The Team Lead works closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, System Administrators, and Software Developers in order to help organize, prioritize, and manage the various development activities and dependencies that contribute to both long-term project and product development as well as shorter-term maintenance and support needs.
Within our growing organization, there are multiple Team Leads coordinating the sub-groups on various project and maintenance initiatives. Along with the Development Manager, the Team Leads meet frequently to align overall direction, address any concerns, and discuss the department’s ongoing improvements.
- Review incoming requirements and organize and delegate work amongst the team according to priorities, dependencies, experience and skill sets
- Monitor and assist in seeing development task assignments through to successful completion
- Coordinate and lead design initiatives and design reviews amongst the team
- Foster ongoing collaboration, peer reviews and mentorship within the team
- Convene with Business Analysts and Project Managers to review design options and high-level estimates and assist with cost-benefit analysis of options
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Business Analysts in order to keep priorities and expectations in line and within appropriate team bandwidth allocations
- Continually champion and contribute to evolving and enhancing best practices in software development within the team
- Meet frequently (thrice weekly) with the Development Manager and other Team Leads to review and revise project resourcing allocations, plan internal improvements, and address general suggestions, questions and concerns
- 2 years of experience in a Team Lead or Managerial role
- 6+ years of industry software development experience
- 4 years of experience with Java and SQL
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with JPA2, Hibernate, or MySQL is an asset
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (WS, ESB, SOAP) is an asset
- Experience with JSF2, RichFaces, Struts, or SpringMVC is an asset
- Experience with Maven, Hudson, SVN, or Eclipse is an asset
- Excellent incident identification and problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design patterns
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field
- This is a full time position, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are based at 2 Bloor Street East, Toronto, M4W 1A8, Ontario.
- If you are qualified for this role, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com
- Upon submission of your resume we will review your qualifications and will contact you if they match our requirements. Due to the volume of applications, we respectfully request that you do not call our office to follow up. If you do not hear from us, please be assured that we will retain your information in our database for future reference.