Decisioning Solutions Inc. is a software solutions provider with a head office in downtown Toronto (Yonge and Bloor). We specialize in providing configurable and flexible solutions for assisting in all aspects of customer value management to customers in various industries – especially consumer and commercial lending and telecommunications. We are a fast-growing and dynamic team looking for individuals who seek opportunity and involvement in building stellar services and a wonderful working environment.
The Java Developer’s primary role is to provide accurate and efficient Java-based implementations of business requirements and/or technical designs. The Java Developer must also be well-versed in GUI and Database technologies in order to provide an overall implementation. Working with Analysts and other Developers, the Java Developer must continuously strive for quality and excellence in code, testing, maintenance, and ongoing support.
- Translate business requirements into technical understanding of the functions and features required
- Participate in the design and planning process with the Team Lead, Project Manager, and other Developers and Analysts
- Perform implementations to specification in a timely fashion
- Ensure exceptional code quality and thorough testing (both at unit and system integration level) on every newly developed feature
- Contribute to improving the quality and design of the existing code base
- Regularly liaise with the overall Team to ensure customer needs are met and the highest level of service and support maintained
- Minimum of B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of the object-oriented paradigm and object-oriented design best practices and principles
- Java & SQL experience a MUST
- Well-developed programming and testing skills in Java/J2EE environments
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience on medium to large scale software development projects within a Linux/Unix environment using Java
- Minimum 4 years’ experience designing SQL tables and queries using MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle within high-volume data environments
- Knowledge of other web frameworks and/or programming languages is an asset but not a requisite
- GUI development using Java Swing is an asset but not a requisite
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent comprehension of requirements and translation into design
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Excellent incident identification and problem solving skills
- Being proactive, willing to “go beyond” and striving for excellence
- This is a full time position, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are based at 2 Bloor Street East, Toronto, M4W 1A8, Ontario.
- If you are qualified for this role, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon submission of your resume we will review your qualifications and will contact you if they match our requirements. Due to the volume of applications, we respectfully request that you do not call our office to follow up. If you do not hear from us, please be assured that we will retain your information in our database for future reference.